Carone Learning Category: Foundations
Subject: Health, Credit Recovery
Recommended Grade Level: 9-12
Course Credit: One semester, 0.5 credits (5 units in CA)
Recommended Pre-Requisites: None
Units & Tasks
This course is divided into the following units:
- Unit 1: What is Health?
- Unit 2: Mental Health
- Unit 3: Social Health
- Unit 4: Physical Health
- Unit 5: Reproductive Health
- Unit 6: Drugs & Safety
Within each section you will find the following tasks to view or complete:
- Checklist—an outline of tasks for that section
- Lessons—multimedia online lessons about the section topic
- Field Trip—links to other online sites with additional fitness information
- Discussion*—class discussion on an assigned topic
- Assignment*—section assignment
- Vocab Check—an practice exercise to test your knowledge of vocabulary
- Unit Exam*—exam covering information from the lessons
The items marked with an * are those that must be submitted for a grade. There is a comprehensive final exam at the end of the course.
There are 6 sections in this course. Each section is designed to be completed in about one week’s time. However, students may take more or less time as needed. A recommended pacing guide is provided within the course.
Parent & Teacher Guides
Parent and teacher guides available.
There are no required textbooks or materials for this course.
An internet connection and computer or tablet hardware is required. Software requirements include a PDF reader, word-processing application (such as Word), MP4/video player, and Flash player (optional). Free downloadable software is available for each of these.