Carone Learning Category: Foundations
Recommended Grade Level: 4th Grade
Course Credit: One semester*
Recommended Pre-Requisites: None
Elementary Health 4 helps young learners establish a basic understanding of the aspects of health. Students focus on the various aspects of their health and how they can make healthy choices. Topics of study include personal safety, reducing illness, avoiding bullying, nutrition, healthy friendships, emergency situations, the human body, and the functions of body systems.
Units & Sections
This course is divided into the following Units and Sections.
- SEMESTER 2
- Unit 5: Influences on Health
- 1 Influences on Health
- 2 Evaluation of Health Sources
- 3 Consumer Health
- 4 Environmental Health
- Unit 6: Safety & Emergencies
- 1 Injury Prevention
- 2 Household Safety
- 3 Emergency Preparedness
- 4 Emergency 911
- Unit 7: Avoiding Bullying
- 1 Emotions & Behavior
- 2 Personal Boundaries
- 3 Trusted Adults
- 4 Bullying & Harassment
- Unit 8: The Human Body
- 1 Human Life Cycle
- 2 Muscle & Skeletal Systems
- 3 Digestive & Nervous Systems
- 4 Respiratory System
Each section has the following tasks:
- Game Plan—an outline of tasks for that section
- Lesson—multimedia lessons about the section topic
- Quiz*—answer questions from the lesson
- Brain Exercise*—respond to a health question
- Assignment*—section assignment
The items marked with * should be submitted for a grade.
There are 16 sections in this course. Each section is designed to be completed in about one week’s time. However, students may take more or less time as needed. A recommended pacing guide is provided within the course.
Parent & Teacher Guides
Parent and teacher guides available.
There are no required materials for this course.
An internet connection and computer or tablet hardware is required. Software requirements include a PDF reader, word-processing application (such as Word). Free downloadable software is available for each of these.