Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years. There are many yoga styles that range from extremely athletic to peaceful and relaxing. No matter the style, yoga has several benefits.
- Flexibility: Most poses focus on stretching and elongating the muscles.
- Strength: Movements often require a static muscle contraction that can increase one’s strength and endurance.
- Posture: Proper posture is emphasized in yoga, which can transfer to one’s daily posture.
- Balance: Many poses focus on improving balance.
- Relaxation: Yoga is often as much about deep breathing and the release of tension as going through the movements.