Whether early morning or evening, if you want to exercise outside during the winter months, you may end up exercising in the dark. Below are some tips for exercising in the dark.
- Be sure to wear light colors, a reflective vest, or carry a light.
- Watch out for traffic, as drivers may have a harder time seeing you.
- Try to avoid unlit, sparsely populated areas.
- Bring a cell phone with you and make sure someone knows where you are going.
- If possible, exercise with a buddy for a safe, enjoyable workout.