Many women and men alike have poor opinions of their own bodies. These bad feelings can spill over negatively affecting all areas our lives and relationships. If you have a poor body image, here are some things you can try to improve it:
- Care for your body by giving it proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep
- Set some realistic short-term and long-term goals toward a healthy lifestyle
- Dress in a way that makes you feel good at your current weight
- Focus on being strong and healthy, not skinny or perfect
- If necessary, remove mirrors from your home that show anything below your shoulders
- Focus on the positive: remind yourself of the things you like about your body and about your personality, talents, skills, etc.
Keep in mind too, that your biggest critic is usually yourself. Quit comparing yourself to others, and focusing on feeling good and being “your best self.”