It’s hot out there, but you don’t have to give up your running routine just because it’s summertime. Here are a few tips to keep you running through the summer:
- Avoid the hottest temperatures by getting up earlier, or wait until evening.
- Carry water with you, or plan a route that has water fountains along the way.
- Use sunblock and Chapstick to protect your skin.
- Wear lightweight and light colored clothing.
- Wear a visor to keep the sun out of your eyes without trapping heat. It will protect the skin on your face as well.
- Plan your route with shade in mind.
- Slow down. Allow yourself a minimum 30 seconds more per mile.
By putting safety first and following these tips, you can run through the summer and feel great when fall arrives.