Need a change of scenery? You don’t have to be inside a gym to get your sweat on. Try some of these exercises outside for a fresh new workout in the fresh air:
- Power Pull Ups: find a sturdy horizontal tree branch that you can reach while standing. Jump into a pull up, then lower yourself down slowly. Repeat for 60 seconds.
- Incline Push Ups: put your hands on a bench or a curb to crank out some push-ups, then mix it up by putting your feet on the elevated surface and your hands on the ground.
- Lunge/Squat/Jump combination: Step forward into a deep lunge, then step your back foot in hip width apart from your other foot and squat. Follow the squat with a jump tuck. Repeat with the other leg.
- Plank walk: work your core muscles by getting into a straight-arm plank position and walking across a grassy area or tennis court. Take small steps with your feet and your hands.
- Finish your workout with a good deep stretch.