If weight loss is your goal, here are some tips to losing weight safely:
- 1-2 pounds per week is considered a safe weight loss goal
- Programs that promise rapid weight loss are often dehydrating and generally unhealthy
- A regular exercise program AND a healthy, moderate diet are both necessary for healthy weight loss
- Cardiovascular exercise is important for calorie burn and weight loss (it is also great for your heart!)
- Strength training increases your lean muscle mass, which increases your metabolism—causing you to burn more calories even while at rest!