Does your workplace encourage a healthy lifestyle? More and more employers are recognizing the need for healthy employees and encouraging their staffs to exercise, eat right, and manage stress levels.
It makes sense for companies to invest in the health of their workers:
- Billions of dollars are lost annually by employees calling in sick to work
- Health insurance costs are higher every year, while 70% of diseases are preventable
- Sedentary jobs contribute to obesity
- Healthier employees are more creative and more productive
- Research shows that the return on investment (ROI) for wellness programs is 6 to 1
If your employer does not have a wellness program in place, volunteer to start one or find a company that specializes in corporate wellness. Workplace challenges can be fun and increase morale.