You’ve probably heard that you should eat fiber, but do you know why? Do you know which foods are fiber-rich?
Fiber is essential for digestive health. Besides keeping you regular, it helps fight cardiovascular disease, cholesterol, keeps you feeling full for longer, and is related to a lower body mass index (BMI). Plus, foods rich in fiber are usually rich in other healthy nutrients, like minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Try adding more of these fiber filled foods to your diet:
- Quinoa, brown rice, old-fashioned oats
- Peas, beans, legumes
- Walnuts, peanuts, chia seeds
- Strawberries, apples, pears
- Broccoli, brussel sprouts, avocado
This is only a short list of the many high fiber foods out there. With these delicious choices, eating a high fiber diet is easy and enjoyable.